Production Support Engineer
Since 1915, Deluxe has served as the trusted partner to the global entertainment industry: from the major Hollywood studios to new global content platforms, as well as leading local content producers, broadcasters and distributors around the world.
Our comprehensive offering of creative post-production and digital delivery solutions enables our clients to enhance and maximise the value of their content globally. We provide an end-to-end suite of services unrivalled in breadth, scale and global scope: high-end audio and visual post production for television and film; content management; content marketing; content localisation; and IP-based global distribution.
Deluxe is a c. $1billion Los Angeles-based company with operations in over 25 countries around the world. Whilst the International business of Deluxe comprises less than half of the revenue of the business today, we expect this share to increase substantially as we lead the international growth agenda for the business.
Deluxe is a best-in-class employer, with over 8,000 of the most respected technologists and artists in the industry. We foster a culture of ingenuity, passion and collaboration to support our clients and our people, in all their endeavours. Our company values follow.
Be Pioneers: We innovate and push for boundless creativity through curiosity.
Pursue Diversity: Different views and experiences are advantages. Our global presence gives us perspectives that drive better business.
Act with Integrity: We are honest and forthright in our dealings. Building trust builds a better company.
Take Ownership: We are accountable for ourselves, our colleagues, our clients and our company.
Collaborate: Together we are stronger. We deliver more success through shared goals and mutual support.
Exceed Expectations: We understand our colleagues’ and clients’ needs and always exceed expectations.
The Production Support Engineer is responsible for root cause resolution of all incidents and faults on the production services. They will identify and resolve underlying problems, document support procedures, align to Deluxe support procedures and process whilst working towards the Service Operations Team objectives. They will work in collaboration with other Technology team members as well as Operations teams to ensure maximum uptime of services. This position may involve shift work, on call or out of hours work.
Overview of responsibilities:
- Resolve high priority requests for support within specified SLAs and log within a ticketing system.
- Resolve alerts from monitoring systems and action tickets from a ticketing system within specified SLAs.
- Ensure any tickets assigned are updated and actioned within specified SLA.
- Ensure On-Boarding is (third party and end point) carried out in line with customer expectations.
- Perform upgrades to existing technology components as required.
- Carry out preventative maintenance plans.
- Ensure the root cause of any issues are found and best practice resolutions are implemented.
- Use automation where possible to increase time to resolution whilst ensuring failures are logged underlying problems are resolved.
- Document support procedures and ensure knowledge bases and asset databases are kept up to date.
- Ensure Service Operations team processes are adhered to.
- Be a part of an on call rota to provide 24/7 cover to the business ensuring the SLAs are met.
- Engage with other technology team members to share knowledge and experience and work towards building a top performing team and a great working environment.
The candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience and skill-set:
- Thorough understanding of broadcast video, audio and metadata fundamentals. Understanding of XML is highly desirable. Knowledge of emerging formats 4K / UHD / IMF along with HDR is useful.
- Good understanding of video and audio content, be able to evaluate, gauge and classify defects in either video or audio program material.
- Experience with all major file formats (MPEG2, H.264, WMV, QT, etc.).
- Understanding of IT infrastructure components, storage, file systems, servers and networks.
- System administrator experience with Linux and Windows OS.
- Understanding and experience of Cloud technologies.
- Ability to logically troubleshoot complex technical issues.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis.
- Understanding of service management processes (eg ITIL) and their importance.
- Excellent organisational, verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to adjust style according to audience.
- Ability to communicate technical subject matter to wide audiences (both in verbally and in writing).
- Able to comfortably engage with clients (internal and external) in a highly professional and helpful manner.
- Resourceful, adaptable and able to operate in a fast-pace, high pressure environment often working to tight deadlines.
- Provide thorough, detailed, clear and concise written documentation.
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills and be able to offer multiple solutions to technical and operational problems and challenges.
- Detail-focused, self-directed, ability to multi-task and prioritise tasks.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Products & Applications
- Adobe CC, Media Encoder, Premiere, Photoshop
- FCP, Compressor, Cinema tools
- Telestream - Vantage
- Imgaine Communications - Selenioflex
- Rhozet -Carbon Coder
- Dalet - Amberin ICR
- SAM - Alchemist XF
- Audio Tools – Minnetonka
- R&S – Venice, Clipster
- Emotion –EFF
- Fortium – MediaSeal
- NexGurad – Civolution
- Aspera – Enterprise, Faspex/Connect, Shares
- Signiant – Manager+Agents, Media Shuttle
- Manzanita – TS Muxer
- Vidcheck – Vidchecker
- Tektronix – Cerify/Aurora
- Windows, Linux/Unix, macOS
Products & Applications
This is a permanent role.
By submitting this application you consent to the processing of your personal data by Deluxe Media for the purposes of assessing your application for potentially suitable roles as described in the Applicant Privacy Notice and to the transfer of your personal data to recipients that may be located in countries outside of the EEA. You may withdraw your consent at any time. For more information, please click here.