Network Systems Engineer
Hollywood, California-based Deluxe Entertainment Services Group, a wholly-owned subsidiary of MacAndrews & Forbes Holdings Inc., is the leading provider of a broad range of entertainment industry services and technologies. We offer complete film and digital solutions for production, post-production, major studio and independent theatrical release, broadcast, home entertainment, archiving and asset management. Deluxe operates facilities in major film, video and digital production markets around the world.
Method New York is currently searching for a Network Systems Administrator to join its Technology team.
The focus of this position will be on network systems and services administrator
- Systems installation, configuration, integration and operation of Linux, MacOS and Windows environments
- Core network service installation and administration: LDAP, NIS, AD, DNS, DHCP, NFS
- Configuration management (Puppet)
- Setup and installation of commercial and open-source packages
- Develop internal systems tools and utilities for operating, monitoring, and reporting on studio infrastructure availability and utilization.
- Develop and maintain high-level digital security standards required in a post-production environment.
- Administer network switches, network storage, tape backup systems, Virtual Server Infrastructure, Databases, User accounts, Email technologies,
Firewall, Internet and Digital Security, User support and troubleshooting
- Analyze and tune systems for performance, throughput, resource utilization, high availability, and scalability
- Evaluate system components, software, networking infrastructure and hardware peripherals for reliability, performance, scalability and security
Minimum 3 years experience in a professional systems engineering environment Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Systems or comparable professional experience
Advanced knowledge of Linux server and desktop environments
Solid knowledge of OSX and Windows platforms
Experience building and operating high availability and high scalability computing systems
Experience with VMware or OpenStack virtual infrastructures
Knowledge of SQL databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
Knowledge of TCP/IP based networking.
Knowledge of storage systems administration, shared storage environments.
Knowledge of Autodesk systems and software (Flame, Smoke).
Programming experience with at least one of Python, Bash, C/C++, Java or similar
Experience working in Film, TV, and/or post-production with a working knowledge of storage, video files and formats
Experience in the installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of post production software
Experience related to disaster recovery, backup systems, tape libraries, SAN, and NAS infrastructure
Ability and desire to learn new technologies as required
Ability to solve problems unsupervised and recommend proactive technical solutions
Positive can-do attitude combined with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
Excellent communication and organizational skill with strong attention to detail